The third RSD Drops release date is Saturday, Oct. 24, and shopping for the exclusives is going to look a lot different than it does on a typical Record Store Day at The Record Exchange.
For public health reasons, letting people line up in the wee hours of the morning simply isn’t an option this year. In the absence of a first-come-first-served line, we will be letting customers into the store 20 people at a time in predetermined time blocks beginning at 8am on the 24th. Customers will have 15 minutes to shop for exclusives, which will be arranged in the store alphabetically. Record Exchange staffers will be on hand to help you find what you’re looking for.
You can enter our free time slot lotto by filling out this form or visiting the store to fill out a form in person. If you want to shop for exclusives first thing in the morning, this is the only way to do it, as we won’t be allowing a line to form like it does on Record Store Day, and the store will be closed to the general public until everyone who enters the lotto is accommodated. If you do not enter the lotto, you will not be assigned a time slot and you’ll have to wait until we open the store to the general public later in the morning.
DEADLINE TO ENTER THE LOTTO IS MIDNIGHT SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18.
HOW IT WORKS:
– There are 20 customer slots per 15-minute time block. Beginning at 8am on the 24th, customers will have 15 minutes to shop for RSD exclusives until we have accommodated everyone who enters the lotto. We will sanitize the store in between each time block.
– We will randomly draw names and assign time slots in the order names are drawn. For instance, the first 20 people drawn will be assigned to Time Block A, the next 20 people drawn will be assigned to Time Block B and so on.
– Customers will be notified of their time slot no later than Tuesday, Oct 20. You will have 24 hours from the time you are notified of your slot to accept it.
– Customers will be asked to arrive NO SOONER than 10 minutes before their time slot on the 24th; anyone arriving earlier than that will be asked to leave and return later – again, there will be no traditional Record Store Day line forming before we open the store. If you’re more than 10 minutes late for your scheduled time, you will lose your slot. The clock starts ticking on your time slot regardless of when you show up, so if you’re 10 minutes late for instance, you’ll only have 5 minutes to shop.
– The standard Record Store Day rule set applies to the RSD Drops days – one copy per title per customer, no preorders/holds, no returns. The only difference is, local phone orders for curbside pickup will be available at noon for anyone who does not want to shop in person.
– Masks, social distancing and all other pandemic shopping policies will be in place. Anyone who violates our policies will be subject to removal.
THE FINE PRINT:
– Anyone 13 or older who wants a time slot must submit a lotto entry.
– One entry per person. Duplicate entries will be discarded.
– Your time slot is for you and you alone – individual shoppers only. Your time slot does not entitle you to bring a spouse/partner, friend or your entire extended family. The only exception is we are allowing one child (12 or younger) per customer with prior written permission; said child must remain with you at all times.
– Time slots are non-transferable. You cannot give it to a spouse, spawn, sibling, stranger or anyone else, nor can you sell or auction your slot. No exceptions.
– If you cannot make your assigned time slot, we will assign it to someone else and you will be reassigned to the final time block of the day.
Questions? Please email us or call (208) 344-8010.