The third RSD Drops release date is Saturday! With 100 Record Store Day exclusives available, we’re looking forward to another fun day on the third and final RSD Drops event.
Once again, we’re offering 20% off gift shop items all day long! That sale is good on most non-music/video items in the store, including T-shirts, socks, jewelry, candles, hats, books, etc. (exclusions are recorded music, video, turntables and stereo equipment, consignment items, food/beverage, tickets and sale/clearance items).
Because shopping for the exclusives is going to look a lot different than it does on a typical Record Store Day at The Record Exchange, we wanted to give you an idea of what to expect:
– We will be open to the general public from 9:30am to 8pm. From 8am to 9:30am, we have scheduled predetermined time blocks limited to 20 customers to provide safe, socially-distanced shopping. Those time blocks have already been filled; if you don’t have a time block, you’ll be able to shop beginning at 9:30am.
– If you have a time slot, we ask that you arrive NO SOONER than 10 minutes before your scheduled time; anyone arriving earlier than that will be asked to leave and return later (there will be no traditional Record Store Day line forming before we open the store). If you’re more than 10 minutes late for your scheduled time, you will lose your slot.
– Your time slot is for you and you alone – individual shoppers only. Your time slot does not entitle you to bring a spouse/partner, friend or your entire extended family. The only exception is we are allowing one child (12 or younger) per customer WITH PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION; said child must remain with you at all times. Time slots are non-transferable. You cannot give yours to a spouse, spawn, sibling, stranger or anyone else, nor can you sell or auction your slot. No exceptions.
– When you arrive, you will be greeted at our Idaho Street entrance by a member of our door crew, who will show you where to queue until it’s time to enter the store. Our waiting areas on the sidewalk will be clearly marked with socially-distanced spots for customers to stand 6 feet apart. Masks, hand sanitizer (provided) and all other pandemic shopping policies will be in place. Anyone who violates our policies will be subject to removal.
– Once you’re inside, you’ll have 15 minutes to shop for exclusives, which will be arranged alphabetically – you’ll literally walk by every exclusive A-Z. Record Exchange staffers will be on hand to assist you as needed. The clock starts ticking on your time slot regardless of when you show up, so if you’re 5 minutes late for instance, you’ll only have 10 minutes to shop. We will sanitize the store in between each time block.
– The standard Record Store Day rule set applies to the RSD Drops days – one copy per title per customer, no preorders/holds, no returns. The only difference is, phone orders* for curbside/in-store pickup will be available at noon for anyone who does not want to shop in person. *Local customers only; you must be able to pick up your order at the store.
– Following the last time block, we will resume walk-up “business as usual” entry at 9:30am.
Questions? We’re here to answer them. Looking forward to seeing you Saturday!