LongLiveA$AP delivers on and even exceeds the promise of LiveLoveA$AP. Like that mixtape, the album is a triumph of craft and curation, preserving A$AP Rocky‘s immaculate taste while smartly upgrading his sound. A third of the record remains close in style to LiveLoveA$AP while most of the collaborations follow in the steps of last spring’s “Goldie”, which stamped producer Hit-Boy’s signature Mini-Boss Musik with a screwed-up hook and gumball-spitting flow that marked it as unmistakably Rocky’s. Plenty of rap-industry heavies appear on LongLiveA$AP, and they mix well with Rocky’s younger comrades. More importantly, the French-braid gold-teeth kid named after Rakim never cedes the center. For someone often criticized for his lack of depth, A$AP Rocky keeps delivering in the face of skepticism. — Pitchfork
- ENTER TO WIN AN ELVIS COSTELLO PRIZE PACK: ‘THE BOY NAMED IF’ LP AND AUTOGRAPHED WHITE LABEL ONE-SIDED 7-INCH!
- RECORD EXCHANGE 2021 STAFF PICKS: GUEST TOP 10 FROM BOISE STATE PUBLIC RADIO’S CARL SCHEIDER
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: CAT POWER, ELVIS COSTELLO AND THE IMPOSTERS, BONOBO, THE LUMINEERS, OSEES, JEFF TWEEDY
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 (WEEK ENDING 1/13/2022)
- RECORD EXCHANGE 2021 STAFF PICKS: GUEST TOP 10 FROM RADIO BOISE’S WAYNE BIRT