Hello youngster. I know reading words on a printed page already poses quite a formidable challenge for both your young eyes and attention span so, assuming you’re still reading this, let me, your omniscient narrator, be the first to commend you for sticking around. You know, Dear Record Buyer, things change every day. For instance, take Van Halen. In the beginning they were fronted by the ever-charismatic David Lee Roth – an enigmatic genius who seamlessly merged Rock and Roll attitude with an old-fashioned showbiz flair. The world loved him … But the rest of Van Halen didn’t. Then Sammy Hagar came in, made a few records that divided fans but made so much money that Hagar could retire from rock and focus solely on making margaritas. Let’s not even discuss the third singer. But time heals all wounds, young friend, and now David Lee Roth and the rest of Van Halen are friendly once more. Here in the future we have the ability to visit virtually every era of music … And as you use that power to understand the power of Van Halen’s “Diamond Dave” era, you will understand why A Different Kind of Truth is a cause for celebration.
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: RUN THE JEWELS, JOHN PRINE VINYL REISSUES, ALICIA KEYS, THE DOORS, INTO IT. OVER IT. AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 (WEEK ENDING 9/17/2020)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: MARILYN MANSON, THE FLAMING LIPS, PJ HARVEY VINYL REISSUES, LOGIC, DELTA SPIRIT AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 (WEEK ENDING 9/10/2020)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: ROLLING STONES, ALL THEM WITCHES, DECLAN MCKENNA, ZAKK SABBATH, REX ORANGE COUNTY AND MORE!