Black Country Communion is a head-on collision between American and British rock influences — a true supergroup that delivers a titanic rock experience. The seed for Black Country Communion was planted when legendary frontman and bass guitarist Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Trapeze) and master blues-rock guitarist Joe Bonamassa combined forces on stage in Los Angeles in 2009. The brainchild of producer Kevin Shirley (Black Crowes, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin), the band added to its rock lineage with powerhouse drummer Jason Bonham (Led Zeppelin) and keyboardist Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater, Billy Idol, Alice Cooper). BCC’s latest album, Afterglow, has a slightly different genesis than the two albums that preceded it. “There were six months to write this album, and I’m really excited by the way it came out,” comments Hughes, the man responsible for the bulk of its contents. “I wanted to make a record that stood up to the first two, but not to repeat either of those records. I wanted this album to have more acoustic moments than the previous two. I wanted to hear more of Derek and I wanted the more angelic voice of Glenn as well as the more aggressive one … Above all, I wanted more drama.”
- ENTER TO WIN THE MARK SNOW X-FILES RSD DROPS EXCLUSIVE!
- ENTER TO WIN THE TEGAN & SARA RSD DROPS EXCLUSIVE VINYL!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: PRINCE, IDLES, SYLVAN ESSO, DEFTONES, SUFJAN STEVENS, DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL, JOHN PRINE VINYL AND MORE!
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 (WEEK ENDING 9/24/2020)
- RECORD STORE DAY RSD DROPS PT. 2 SEPT. 26: 100 EXCLUSIVE RELEASES, EXTENDED HOURS AND 20% OFF RECORD EXCHANGE GIFT SHOP ITEMS!