Freetown Sound is the third full-length album from Dev Hynes (Blood Orange). Written and produced by Hynes, Freetown Sound is a tour de force, a pastiche of Hynes’ past, present, and future that melds his influences with his own established musical voice. For well over a decade, Dev has proven himself a virtuoso of versatility, experimenting with almost every conceivable musical genre and working with a wide variety of artists as a writer and producer. On his solo work he has created a singular style of urgent, delicate pop music by carefully stitching a sound palette that gently recalls elastic funk, slinky R&B and pure pop. Thematically, the album is profoundly personal and unapologetically political, touching on issues of race, religion, sex and sexism over 17 shimmering songs.
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO MICHAEL FRANTI’S ‘STAY HUMAN’ FILM TOUR STOP IN NAMPA NOV. 14 – INCLUDES ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM 50TH, CHARLES BRADLEY, IMAGINE DRAGONS, MUSE, THE REVIVALISTS AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 7, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO LOUIS THE CHILD AT THE REVOLUTION!
- ENTER TO WIN A PAIR OF TICKETS TO SEE METALLICA AT TACO BELL ARENA NOV. 28 PLUS A COPY OF ‘…AND JUSTICE FOR ALL’ ON VINYL!