The Record Exchange is seeking candidates for our summer marketing internship! Working with our Marketing and Promotions Director, the intern will learn the ins and outs of an independent record store, assisting with everything from Record Exchange events to online marketing.
To apply, submit your resume along with two Top 10 lists — one of your favorite artists, one of your favorite albums — electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at The Record Exchange by 5 p.m. Friday, May 22. Interviews will be conducted the week of May 25, with the internship beginning on Tuesday, June 2.
– Staffing the Record Exchange booth at Alive After Five (must be available every Wednesday from 4:30-9pm June 3-Aug. 26).
– Assisting with Record Exchange store events, including in-store performances and artist meet-and-greets.
– Managing and creating content for The Record Exchange’s website, social media and weekly newsletter.
– Assisting with in-store postering and displays.
– Current college student working toward a degree in marketing, communications or related field.
– Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of popular music across all genres and eras.
– Experience using a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Foursquare and Instagram.
– Availability every Wednesday night from 4:30-9pm beginning June 3.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Punctual, reliable, multi-tasking independent worker.
– Possession of a laptop, particularly a Mac.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
– Experience managing and creating content for a WordPress blog or website.
– Have previous music-related employment or internship experience, particularly marketing, publicity, web development and/or event management.
– Have experience managing social media content for a business or public entity.
– Have experience creating press releases, newsletters and other content using tools such as Constant Contact and My Newsletter Builder.
– Have photography, video and/or graphic design experience, particularly for online content.