Says Pitchfork of Twelve Reasons to Die II: “If Twelve Reasons to Die is a comic, then its sequel is the cinematic adaptation or a reboot of the franchise; the source material is the same, but the execution is tightened in places. It has a bigger-budget feel—stronger guests, better pacing, and a more careful consideration for its audience. RZA narrates the passages too tricky to rap. Adrian Younge warps thick ’70s soul sounds into a concrete jungle. But mostly, TRTD II is simply able to succeed where its predecessor failed with the benefit of hindsight. With a proper framing device, more capable bit players (Scarub and Chino XL), and closer attention to detail, Ghostface and Younge do a better job sketching out an alternate universe.”
- VINTAGE TURNTABLE SPOTLIGHT: LINEAR-TRACKING SONY PS-LX500
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: TORO Y MOI, SHARON VAN ETTEN, DEERHUNTER, JOE JACKSON, GUSTER, MAGGIE ROGERS AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING JANUARY 17, 2019)
- ENTER TO WIN A CURSIVE PRIZE PACK INCLUDING CONCERT TIX – CATCH THEM PERFORMING AT THE RECORD EXCHANGE JAN. 22!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: MARSHALL POOLE, THOMAS PAUL, THE DOORS, TAKING BACK SUNDAY, METRO BOOMIN AND MORE