The Record Exchange is seeking candidates for our summer marketing internship! Working with our Marketing and Promotions Director, the intern will learn the ins and outs of an independent record store, assisting with everything from Record Exchange events to online marketing.
To apply, submit your resume along with two Top 10 lists — one of your favorite artists, one of your favorite albums — electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at The Record Exchange by 5 p.m. Friday, May 24. Interviews will be conducted the week of May 27, with the internship beginning on Monday, June 3.
– Managing and creating content for The Record Exchange’s website, social media and weekly newsletter.
– Staffing the Record Exchange booth at Alive After Five.
– Assisting with Record Exchange store events, including in-store performances, artist meet-and-greets and weekly listening parties.
– Working with record labels, bands and other music industry contacts to pitch and develop marketing promotions, including in-store concerts, events, contests and giveaways.
– Writing press releases to distribute to local media.
– Assisting with in-store postering and displays.
– Current college student working toward a degree in marketing, communications or related field.
– Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of popular music across all genres and eras.
– Experience managing and creating content for a WordPress blog or website.
– Experience using a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Foursquare and Instagram.
– Availability every Wednesday night from 4:30-9 p.m. beginning June 5.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Punctual, reliable, multi-tasking independent worker.
– Possession of a laptop, particularly a Mac.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
– Have previous music-related employment or internship experience, particularly marketing, publicity, web development and/or event management.
– Have experience managing social media content for a business or public entity.
– Have experience creating press releases, newsletters and other content using tools such as Constant Contact and My Newsletter Builder.
– Have photography, video and/or graphic design experience, particularly for online content.