If “Revelator,” the Grammy-winning debut from the Tedeschi Trucks Band, was the sound of a group of musicians getting to know each other, the follow-up, “Made Up Mind,” is that of a fearsome, well-oiled machine. Named for Norwell native Susan Tedeschi and her husband, guitarist Derek Trucks — of his own namesake group and the Allman Brothers Band — it is indeed a splendid marriage. Her scorching vocals, his mind-bending guitar work, and the support of nine top-notch players coloring in the rest make for a tasty stew of rock, R&B, blues, and roots music that is as alluringly melodic as it is rhythmically brawny. The title track is a manifesto for decisiveness. The defiant “Do I Look Worried” makes it abundantly clear that the person being addressed is the one who should be concerned. And “Idle Wind” is a gorgeous ballad that makes the most of Tedeschi’s gifts as vocalist who can swoop from fierce to delicate within a single phrase. While they may stretch out for improvisational flights in concert, “Made Up Mind” is concise and compelling.-The Boston Globe
- THE RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 50 SELLERS OF 2017
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: TYPHOON, ANDERSON EAST, BORNS, AVATAR, PANDA BEAR, BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 1/11/18)
- ENTER TO WIN A JACKSON BROWNE LP AND VINYL TOTE BAG!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: LIP PUMP, NEIL YOUNG, DAVID BOWIE, SUMMONING, DELANEY AND BONNIE AND FRIENDS AND MORE!