If “Revelator,” the Grammy-winning debut from the Tedeschi Trucks Band, was the sound of a group of musicians getting to know each other, the follow-up, “Made Up Mind,” is that of a fearsome, well-oiled machine. Named for Norwell native Susan Tedeschi and her husband, guitarist Derek Trucks — of his own namesake group and the Allman Brothers Band — it is indeed a splendid marriage. Her scorching vocals, his mind-bending guitar work, and the support of nine top-notch players coloring in the rest make for a tasty stew of rock, R&B, blues, and roots music that is as alluringly melodic as it is rhythmically brawny. The title track is a manifesto for decisiveness. The defiant “Do I Look Worried” makes it abundantly clear that the person being addressed is the one who should be concerned. And “Idle Wind” is a gorgeous ballad that makes the most of Tedeschi’s gifts as vocalist who can swoop from fierce to delicate within a single phrase. While they may stretch out for improvisational flights in concert, “Made Up Mind” is concise and compelling.-The Boston Globe
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: CHRIS CORNELL, MUMFORD & SONS, MARK KNOPFLER, SMASHING PUMPKINS, ROLLING STONES, QUEEN & MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOV. 15, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO MICHAEL FRANTI’S ‘STAY HUMAN’ FILM TOUR STOP IN NAMPA NOV. 14 – INCLUDES ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM 50TH, CHARLES BRADLEY, IMAGINE DRAGONS, MUSE, THE REVIVALISTS AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 7, 2018)