It’s been nearly three years since Pretty Lights – Denver hip-hop producer and EDM-festival star Derek Vincent Smith – issued a new record, instead concentrating on his ultra-opulent live show. But his newest makes up for lost time: two hours of surprisingly consistent stoner jams with congruent but very different halves. Disc One plays like bubblegum DJ Shadow: penetrating psych funk with the occasional corny touch (Talib Kweli sleepwalks through “Around the Block”). Smith constructed these from vinyl pressings of live-band grooves he’d composed, and Disc Two is the grooves themselves – which have even more weight and resonance when left alone.-Rolling Stone
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: CHRIS CORNELL, MUMFORD & SONS, MARK KNOPFLER, SMASHING PUMPKINS, ROLLING STONES, QUEEN & MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOV. 15, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO MICHAEL FRANTI’S ‘STAY HUMAN’ FILM TOUR STOP IN NAMPA NOV. 14 – INCLUDES ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM 50TH, CHARLES BRADLEY, IMAGINE DRAGONS, MUSE, THE REVIVALISTS AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 7, 2018)