It’s no secret that Poliça‘s sound is built from contemporary indie tropes, as the Minneapolis group combined yacht rock tempos, Auto-Tuned vocals and R&B rhythms on last year’s debut, Give You the Ghost. With their follow-up, Shulamith, the quintet find themselves drifting further back into denser territory, using ’90s trip-hop and millennial British chill-out as starting points for their newfound sleek and steely sound. Vocalist Channy Leaneagh (also of Midwestern super-group Gayngs) comes across darker and more adventurous on tracks that range from dynamic (“Vegas”) to moody (“Trippin”) to downright playful (“Matty”), all the while remaining defiantly melodic and blissful. — Exclaim
- THE RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 50 SELLERS OF 2017
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: TYPHOON, ANDERSON EAST, BORNS, AVATAR, PANDA BEAR, BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 1/11/18)
- ENTER TO WIN A JACKSON BROWNE LP AND VINYL TOTE BAG!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: LIP PUMP, NEIL YOUNG, DAVID BOWIE, SUMMONING, DELANEY AND BONNIE AND FRIENDS AND MORE!