It’s no secret that Poliça‘s sound is built from contemporary indie tropes, as the Minneapolis group combined yacht rock tempos, Auto-Tuned vocals and R&B rhythms on last year’s debut, Give You the Ghost. With their follow-up, Shulamith, the quintet find themselves drifting further back into denser territory, using ’90s trip-hop and millennial British chill-out as starting points for their newfound sleek and steely sound. Vocalist Channy Leaneagh (also of Midwestern super-group Gayngs) comes across darker and more adventurous on tracks that range from dynamic (“Vegas”) to moody (“Trippin”) to downright playful (“Matty”), all the while remaining defiantly melodic and blissful. — Exclaim
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: THE DECEMBERISTS, YO LA TENGO, TRANS ATLANTIC CRUSH, MOUNT EERIE, STONE TEMPLE PILOTS & MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 3/15/18)
- STREAM WATERLOO RECORDS’ SXSW DAY PARTY PERFORMANCES!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: JIMI HENDRIX, DAVID BYRNE, NATHANIEL RATELIFF, JUDAS PRIEST, THREE DAYS GRACE AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 3/8/18)