What’s the point of Eminem in middle age? He was a peroxide phenomenon in his 20s, an icon of adolescent posturing, the go-to guy for Christina Aguilera insults and casual homophobia, but in 2013, rap is trap and money and molly. Who needs a 41-year-old spitting another revenge fantasy about his mother over plangent piano? With this sequel to his blockbuster third album, however, the rapper has created a work that bears comparison. There is confidence and maturity here; introspection and regret are balanced with a clear idea of his place in rap’s history. His flows are exceptional and the wordplay dazzling. The jokes, in places offensive, are relentless and ribald. There is no apology, though, no concession; just a considered, virtuoso application of talent. — Guardian
NEW RELEASE OF THE WEEK: EMINEM'S SEQUEL TO 'MARSHALL MATHERS' IS 'A VIRTUOSO APPLICATION OF TALENT'
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: GRIZZLY BEAR, SHELBY LYNNE AND ALLISON MOORER, HAIM VINYL, NECK DEEP, JERRY DOUGLAS AND MORE!
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 8/17/17)
- 4OTH ANNIVERSARY KICKOFF: JOSH RITTER LIVE AT THE RECORD EXCHANGE SUNDAY, SEPT. 24, PRESENTED BY 94.9FM THE RIVER
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: PORTUGAL. THE MAN AND GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 VINYL, KE$HA, HINDER, NEEDTOBREATHE AND MANY MORE!
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 8/10/17)