Featuring broadcast recordings from a half-century ago, On Air: Live at the BBC Vol. 2 features The Beatles’ early hits and covers from their Hamburg setlist, interspersed with cheeky backchat with Auntie’s staid presenters. It’s an enchanting snapshot of British rock’n’roll at its moment of greatest revelation, the point at which the Tin Pan Alley production line of ersatz Elvises was rendered utterly obsolete. There’s a laddish jubilation, bulging with testosterone, in the way they swagger through the catalogues of Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and Little Richard, and brio to the innovative harmonies of their own material. — The Independent
NEW RELEASE OF THE WEEK: BEATLES OFFER 37 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS ON 'LIVE AT THE BBC VOL. 2'
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: LO MOON, FEVER RAY, DAVID FOSTER WALLACE, VANCE JOY, DAVID BOWIE REISSUES, THE DOORS
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 2/22/18)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: BRANDI CARLILE, SUPERCHUNK, KENDRICK LAMAR VINYL, U.S. GIRLS, DAVID ROBERT KING, OUGHT AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 2/15/18)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: MGMT, FRANZ FERDINAND, BRIAN FALLON, EZRA FURMAN, DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL AND MORE!