Featuring broadcast recordings from a half-century ago, On Air: Live at the BBC Vol. 2 features The Beatles’ early hits and covers from their Hamburg setlist, interspersed with cheeky backchat with Auntie’s staid presenters. It’s an enchanting snapshot of British rock’n’roll at its moment of greatest revelation, the point at which the Tin Pan Alley production line of ersatz Elvises was rendered utterly obsolete. There’s a laddish jubilation, bulging with testosterone, in the way they swagger through the catalogues of Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry and Little Richard, and brio to the innovative harmonies of their own material. — The Independent
NEW RELEASE OF THE WEEK: BEATLES OFFER 37 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED TRACKS ON 'LIVE AT THE BBC VOL. 2'
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: CHRIS CORNELL, MUMFORD & SONS, MARK KNOPFLER, SMASHING PUMPKINS, ROLLING STONES, QUEEN & MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOV. 15, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO MICHAEL FRANTI’S ‘STAY HUMAN’ FILM TOUR STOP IN NAMPA NOV. 14 – INCLUDES ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM 50TH, CHARLES BRADLEY, IMAGINE DRAGONS, MUSE, THE REVIVALISTS AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 7, 2018)