Says Pitchfork: “Sock it to Me mines the melodic sensibility and lyrical themes of 60s girl groups — good boyfriends (‘When He Tells Me’), bad boyfriends (‘Darkest Eyes’) and mean girls at school (‘Every Boy Wants a Normal Girl’). But while the first wave of girl group music was a profession of collectivity and shared wisdom, Green’s music is proudly solo, the product of one singular, isolated person.”
- ENTER TO WIN A BURN THE PRIEST AUTOGRAPHED LITHOGRAPH!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: DRAKE, DEAFHEAVEN, SLIGHTLY STOOPID, THE JAYHAWKS, PEDRO THE LION, JASON ISBELL, GRATEFUL DEAD AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING JULY 12, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN A FLAMING LIPS BOX SET, CD COMP AND BEANIE!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: THE CARTERS (BEYONCE AND JAY-Z), THE BEATLES, YEARS AND YEARS, DEVILDRIVER AND MORE