Much has happened between the release of Local Natives’ critically-acclaimed album Gorilla Manor and the fresh release of Hummingbird. From rave reviews to brilliant television performances, Gorilla Manor launched the band onto the global stage, saw them headlining theaters throughout America and Europe and opening for bands like Arcade Fire and The National. Upon their return home from the road, the band built out a rehearsal space and studio in an abandoned bungalow in Silverlake, allowing them to write and experiment extensively with new sounds and arrangements. In the two years following Gorilla Manor‘s release, Local Natives experienced the highest highs and some pretty devastating personal lows — and Hummingbird was created from the emotional framework of being stretched between two opposite poles. But don’t let that scare you off: Hummingbird carries with it not just a melodic richness, but a quality of catharsis and grace. This is an album meant to be examined and, ultimately, enjoyed.
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: DRAKE, DEAFHEAVEN, SLIGHTLY STOOPID, THE JAYHAWKS, PEDRO THE LION, JASON ISBELL, GRATEFUL DEAD AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING JULY 12, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN A FLAMING LIPS BOX SET, CD COMP AND BEANIE!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: THE CARTERS (BEYONCE AND JAY-Z), THE BEATLES, YEARS AND YEARS, DEVILDRIVER AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING JULY 5, 2018)