LongLiveA$AP delivers on and even exceeds the promise of LiveLoveA$AP. Like that mixtape, the album is a triumph of craft and curation, preserving A$AP Rocky‘s immaculate taste while smartly upgrading his sound. A third of the record remains close in style to LiveLoveA$AP while most of the collaborations follow in the steps of last spring’s “Goldie”, which stamped producer Hit-Boy’s signature Mini-Boss Musik with a screwed-up hook and gumball-spitting flow that marked it as unmistakably Rocky’s. Plenty of rap-industry heavies appear on LongLiveA$AP, and they mix well with Rocky’s younger comrades. More importantly, the French-braid gold-teeth kid named after Rakim never cedes the center. For someone often criticized for his lack of depth, A$AP Rocky keeps delivering in the face of skepticism. — Pitchfork
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: FIRST AID KIT, FALL OUT BOY, THE SHINS, TUNE-YARDS, GHOST, COLTER WALL, BELLE & SEBASTIAN & MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 1/18/18)
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO CIRCUIT DES YEUX AT THE OLYMPIC!
- ENTER TO WIN A SHINS ‘WORM’S HEART’ VINYL TEST PRESSING
- THE RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 50 SELLERS OF 2017