Payette Brewing Co. and The Record Exchange proudly present the Woody Guthrie 100th Birthday Bash at 5 p.m. Saturday, July 14, at The Record Exchange (1105 W. Idaho St. in Downtown Boise). As always, this Record Exchange in-store event is free and all ages.
Woody Guthrie (1912-1967) was born 100 years ago on July 14, and Payette Brewing Co. and The Record Exchange are hosting a celebration in his honor.
The festivities include:
• Live Guthrie covers performed on The Record Exchange stage by local musicians, including Travis Ward, Bill Coffey, Tim Andreae, Speedy Gray, Lee Penn Sky, Chris Gutierrez, James Coberly Smith, BFD (Bud, Fonny and Divit), Jared Goodpastor and more.
• Free craft beer courtesy of Payette Brewing Co. (21 and older; ID required).
• 25% off used CDs, vinyl, DVDs, Blu-ray and cassettes from 5 to 7 p.m.!
• Guthrie raffle prizes from Smithsonian Folkways and Alternative Distribution Alliance.
• Free lithograph with purchase of the new Woody at 100: The Woody Guthrie Centennial Collection box set (available July 10) from Smithsonian Folkways.
ABOUT WOODY AT 100
In honor of the Woody Guthrie Centennial, a year-long celebration of Woody’s 100th birthday, Smithsonian Folkways presents an in-depth commemorative collection of songs, photos and essays on one of America’s most treasured 20th-century icons.
Woody at 100: The Woody Guthrie Centennial Collection is a 150-page large-format book containing three CDs with 57 tracks, including Woody’s most important recordings such as the complete version of “This Land Is Your Land,” “Pretty Boy Floyd,” “Pastures of Plenty,” “Hard Travelin’,” “Jesus Christ,” “I Ain’t Got No Home in This World Anymore,” and “Riding in My Car.” The set also contains 21 previously unreleased performances and six never-before-heard original songs, including Woody’s first known — and recently discovered — recordings from 1939.