Silversun Pickups frontman Brian Aubert has likened his band’s newest album, Neck Of The Woods, to a horror movie. That description reaches far beyond the record’s evocative title and quietly unsetting cover; while 2006’s Carnavas and 2009’s Swoon found the L.A. group awash in fuzzed-out, wide-eyed guitarscapes heavily indebted to My Bloody Valentine and Smashing Pumpkins, Neck Of The Woods roughs that sound up a bit and comes away with something darker and more brooding. It’s a small but welcome progression for a band that has long worked within a frightfully narrow retro-genre of its own making. — The A.V. Club
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO SEE GALACTIC AT THE KNIT JULY 9!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, MADONNA, BARONESS, BASTILLE, BILL CALLAHAN, KATE TEMPEST AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 (WEEK ENDING 6/13/19)
- ENTER TO WIN A RANDY ROGERS BAND PRIZE PACK INCLUDING VINYL, HAT, LICENSE PLATE, KOOZIE, TUMBLER AND MORE!
- RECORD EXCHANGE 2019 STAFF PICKS (THUS FAR): JOHN PARSELL