Silversun Pickups frontman Brian Aubert has likened his band’s newest album, Neck Of The Woods, to a horror movie. That description reaches far beyond the record’s evocative title and quietly unsetting cover; while 2006’s Carnavas and 2009’s Swoon found the L.A. group awash in fuzzed-out, wide-eyed guitarscapes heavily indebted to My Bloody Valentine and Smashing Pumpkins, Neck Of The Woods roughs that sound up a bit and comes away with something darker and more brooding. It’s a small but welcome progression for a band that has long worked within a frightfully narrow retro-genre of its own making. — The A.V. Club
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: CHRIS CORNELL, MUMFORD & SONS, MARK KNOPFLER, SMASHING PUMPKINS, ROLLING STONES, QUEEN & MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOV. 15, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO MICHAEL FRANTI’S ‘STAY HUMAN’ FILM TOUR STOP IN NAMPA NOV. 14 – INCLUDES ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCE!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: THE BEATLES WHITE ALBUM 50TH, CHARLES BRADLEY, IMAGINE DRAGONS, MUSE, THE REVIVALISTS AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING NOVEMBER 7, 2018)