While many a musician is often asked about the tunes that have influenced their songwriting, it is not a question Paul McCartney ordinarily gets to answer — until now. With Kisses on the Bottom, Paul is about to offer a glimpse into “the songs which inspired the songs” with the upcoming release of a brand new album of those standards he grew up listening to in his childhood — plus two brand new McCartney compositions. With the help of Grammy Award-winning producer Tommy LiPuma and Diana Krall and her band — as well as guest appearances from Eric Clapton and Stevie Wonder (who appear on the original compositions “My Valentine” and “Only Our Hearts,” respectively) — Kisses on the Bottom is a deeply personal journey through classic American compositions that, in some cases, a young Paul first heard his father perform on piano at home. As authentic and daring a musical statement as he could make, this is the album Paul has been thinking about making for more than 20 years — and probably the last thing his fans are expecting. “In the end it was ‘Look, if I don’t do it now, I’ll never do it’,” he says. Kisses on the Bottom was recorded at the legendary Capitol Studios in Los Angeles, New York and London throughout 2011. All the takes are live. All the songs are classics.
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING MARCH 14, 2019)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: KAREN O & DANGER MOUSE, BOUNCING SOULS, JERRY GARCIA, TODD SNIDER, THE FAINT, DEVO & MORE
- RECORD STORE DAY EXCLUSIVES AND EVENTS APRIL 12-14!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: PATTY GRIFFIN, WEEZER, DIDO, SASAMI, MEAT PUPPETS, AMANDA PALMER, FOALS AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING MARCH 7, 2019)