Mumford and Sons sure can make an entrance. When the British group took the world by storm (and surprise) a few years ago with their unique take on American Roots Music, they found lots of new fans due their exuberance, passion, and exciting live act… And few detractors who, quite frankly, just had nothing better to do. Now M & S are back with a new album called Babel and, well, they can’t wait to tell you about it: “We had started writing new songs well before we got into the studio to record. At first, we peeled ourselves off the road quite reluctantly. We love playing live, obviously, but it had also become an important part of our creative process, we had been writing and rehearsing in soundchecks, and sort of ‘road-testing’ new songs on our very gracious audiences. But then we fell in love with recording again. The album started to come together, and with the help of Markus Dravs once more (and engineer Robin Baynton), we started to relish the challenge of making this album. As a band, we’ve never been closer or more collaborative, all working to our strengths. And so we feel that this record is a natural progression that we’re proud of, and we cannot wait to take it out on the road.” We’re betting you’re excited, too.
- THE RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 50 SELLERS OF 2017
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: TYPHOON, ANDERSON EAST, BORNS, AVATAR, PANDA BEAR, BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 1/11/18)
- ENTER TO WIN A JACKSON BROWNE LP AND VINYL TOTE BAG!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: LIP PUMP, NEIL YOUNG, DAVID BOWIE, SUMMONING, DELANEY AND BONNIE AND FRIENDS AND MORE!