For their fourth album, Jamie Hince and Alison Mosshart have side-stepped the sparseness of Midnight Boom and once again filled their sound with crushing drums, searing guitars and thrilling layers of textures and sounds. Dirty, loud and intimidatingly sexy, Blood Pressures is the result of a year spent apart — Hince’s adventures in sound provide the album’s thick production, while Mosshart’s stint as Dead Weather frontwoman instils further confidence and swagger in her provocative lyrics. From the reggae dread of ‘Satellite’, through the psych lullaby of ‘Wild Charms’, to the sharp and cutting ‘You Don’t Own The Road’, it’s a bruisingly brilliant experience. — Clash Music
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: LO MOON, FEVER RAY, DAVID FOSTER WALLACE, VANCE JOY, DAVID BOWIE REISSUES, THE DOORS
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 2/22/18)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: BRANDI CARLILE, SUPERCHUNK, KENDRICK LAMAR VINYL, U.S. GIRLS, DAVID ROBERT KING, OUGHT AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 2/15/18)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: MGMT, FRANZ FERDINAND, BRIAN FALLON, EZRA FURMAN, DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL AND MORE!