For their fourth album, Jamie Hince and Alison Mosshart have side-stepped the sparseness of Midnight Boom and once again filled their sound with crushing drums, searing guitars and thrilling layers of textures and sounds. Dirty, loud and intimidatingly sexy, Blood Pressures is the result of a year spent apart — Hince’s adventures in sound provide the album’s thick production, while Mosshart’s stint as Dead Weather frontwoman instils further confidence and swagger in her provocative lyrics. From the reggae dread of ‘Satellite’, through the psych lullaby of ‘Wild Charms’, to the sharp and cutting ‘You Don’t Own The Road’, it’s a bruisingly brilliant experience. — Clash Music
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO RAY LAMONTAGNE AT MEMORIAL STADIUM AND AN ULTRA-LIMITED WHITE LABEL 78RPM VINYL TEST PRESSING!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: COURTNEY BARNETT, PARQUET COURTS, RAY LAMONTAGNE, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, PINK FLOYD, BREEDERS
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING MAY 17, 2018)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: ARCTIC MONKEYS, BEACH HOUSE, RY COODER, BLACK PANTHER VINYL, JOHN PRINE VINYL, LA LUZ AND MANY MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING MAY 10, 2018)