For their fourth album, Jamie Hince and Alison Mosshart have side-stepped the sparseness of Midnight Boom and once again filled their sound with crushing drums, searing guitars and thrilling layers of textures and sounds. Dirty, loud and intimidatingly sexy, Blood Pressures is the result of a year spent apart — Hince’s adventures in sound provide the album’s thick production, while Mosshart’s stint as Dead Weather frontwoman instils further confidence and swagger in her provocative lyrics. From the reggae dread of ‘Satellite’, through the psych lullaby of ‘Wild Charms’, to the sharp and cutting ‘You Don’t Own The Road’, it’s a bruisingly brilliant experience. — Clash Music
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: ELVIS COSTELLO, TRAVIS SCOTT, KURT VILE, ST. VINCENT, DAVID BOWIE, COLTER WALL, UNCLE ACID AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 11, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN JONATHAN DAVIS (KORN) TICKETS AND A T-SHIRT!
- WE BOUGHT 64,000 RECORDS FROM THE YESTERYEAR SHOPPE
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: TWENTY ONE PILOTS, ATMOSPHERE, ERIC CHURCH, CAT POWER, GREGORY ALAN ISAKOV, HIGH ON FIRE