Life is a highway, and Lady Gaga wants to ride it on a unicorn with Jesus strapped to her back all night long. Born This Way is a literal road record — the 25-year-old singer recorded it during her travels promoting 2008 debut The Fame, and follow-up EP The Fame Monster — but it also charts Gaga’s speedy trip from a chick with a disco shtick to our most absurd pop star for our absurd times. Gaga couldn’t have changed course faster if she’d hopped in Marty McFly’s DeLorean, which is essentially what she does on this gloriously weird album. She borrows the grandiose flavor of 1980s radio rock, adds Catholicism, gay pride, and mythical creatures, then stirs it all with a comically gigantic high heel. — Spin
- CASSETTE STORE DAY IS SATURDAY: EXCLUSIVE RELEASES AND SALE!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: BECK, COURTNEY BARNETT/KURT VILE, ST. VINCENT, ROBERT PLANT, NINE INCH NAILS, KING KRULE AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 10/12/17)
- ENTER TO WIN A DAVID BOWIE 1977-1982 VINYL BOX SET & TEE!
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 10/5/17)