Life is a highway, and Lady Gaga wants to ride it on a unicorn with Jesus strapped to her back all night long. Born This Way is a literal road record — the 25-year-old singer recorded it during her travels promoting 2008 debut The Fame, and follow-up EP The Fame Monster — but it also charts Gaga’s speedy trip from a chick with a disco shtick to our most absurd pop star for our absurd times. Gaga couldn’t have changed course faster if she’d hopped in Marty McFly’s DeLorean, which is essentially what she does on this gloriously weird album. She borrows the grandiose flavor of 1980s radio rock, adds Catholicism, gay pride, and mythical creatures, then stirs it all with a comically gigantic high heel. — Spin
- 4OTH ANNIVERSARY KICKOFF: JOSH RITTER LIVE AT THE RECORD EXCHANGE SUNDAY, SEPT. 24, PRESENTED BY 94.9FM THE RIVER
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: PORTUGAL. THE MAN AND GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 VINYL, KE$HA, HINDER, NEEDTOBREATHE AND MANY MORE!
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP 10 SELLERS (WEEK ENDING 8/10/17)
- ENTER TO WIN A RHINO RECORDS SUMMER OF LOVE PRIZE PACK!
- ENTER TO WIN A RAMONES ‘LEAVE HOME’ 3CD/1LP DELUXE BOX SET!