Life is a highway, and Lady Gaga wants to ride it on a unicorn with Jesus strapped to her back all night long. Born This Way is a literal road record — the 25-year-old singer recorded it during her travels promoting 2008 debut The Fame, and follow-up EP The Fame Monster — but it also charts Gaga’s speedy trip from a chick with a disco shtick to our most absurd pop star for our absurd times. Gaga couldn’t have changed course faster if she’d hopped in Marty McFly’s DeLorean, which is essentially what she does on this gloriously weird album. She borrows the grandiose flavor of 1980s radio rock, adds Catholicism, gay pride, and mythical creatures, then stirs it all with a comically gigantic high heel. — Spin
- ENTER TO WIN TICKETS TO RAY LAMONTAGNE AT MEMORIAL STADIUM AND AN ULTRA-LIMITED WHITE LABEL 78RPM VINYL TEST PRESSING!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: COURTNEY BARNETT, PARQUET COURTS, RAY LAMONTAGNE, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, PINK FLOYD, BREEDERS
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING MAY 17, 2018)
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: ARCTIC MONKEYS, BEACH HOUSE, RY COODER, BLACK PANTHER VINYL, JOHN PRINE VINYL, LA LUZ AND MANY MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING MAY 10, 2018)