Life is a highway, and Lady Gaga wants to ride it on a unicorn with Jesus strapped to her back all night long. Born This Way is a literal road record — the 25-year-old singer recorded it during her travels promoting 2008 debut The Fame, and follow-up EP The Fame Monster — but it also charts Gaga’s speedy trip from a chick with a disco shtick to our most absurd pop star for our absurd times. Gaga couldn’t have changed course faster if she’d hopped in Marty McFly’s DeLorean, which is essentially what she does on this gloriously weird album. She borrows the grandiose flavor of 1980s radio rock, adds Catholicism, gay pride, and mythical creatures, then stirs it all with a comically gigantic high heel. — Spin
- ENTER TO WIN A DAVID BOWIE 1983-1988 VINYL BOX SET!
- NEW RELEASE FRIDAY: ELVIS COSTELLO, TRAVIS SCOTT, KURT VILE, ST. VINCENT, DAVID BOWIE, COLTER WALL, UNCLE ACID AND MORE
- RECORD EXCHANGE TOP SELLERS (WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 11, 2018)
- ENTER TO WIN JONATHAN DAVIS (KORN) TICKETS AND A T-SHIRT!
- WE BOUGHT 64,000 RECORDS FROM THE YESTERYEAR SHOPPE